Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this primarily to transfer 60+ vinyl records to MP3 files for use with iTunes and Ipods. The record player plugged in easily to the dedicated port, and no issues then getting the input signal into my computer via the USB interface provided (I used a USB 2.0 input in my 5+ year old PC). I did need to turn the gain all the way down in order to prevent buzzing (no big deal at all, just need to know to do that). I also tried to plug in a powered speaker at the same time to monitor the record player, and for whatever reason that resulted in a bad amount of hum, but unplugging the speaker removed the hum. Otherwise, this worked great, and allowed me to use my old expensive turntable and needle, rather than buying one of the new USB record players (to buy an equivalent USB record player would have set me back a couple of hundred dollars). I used the Audacity software (included in the package, but also available as a free download), and after getting past the initial user learning curve, it worked very well. So for record transfers, this does the job very well. The other reason I bought this particular audio interface was for the guitar and microphone input.... to allow for my dabbling to record on the computer. As with the record player experience, if I had an external monitor plugged in at the same time as the guitar or microphone, I did get quite a bit of humming (it may just be something I'm doing wrong). This other use of the Powerlab hardware also worked quite well, and allowed me to bring guitar and vocals into my computer (used free Sonoma Riffworks download software for recording). I didn't do anything too complicated here for recording, just some very basic introductory stuff for me, and this worked just fine for that (I didn't notice any "latency" issues for what I was doing). All in all, this little box performed very well for my level of need.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Tascam US-100 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Tascam's US-100 breaks the price barrier for great-quality recording into your computer. The microphone input captures great-sounding performances, or you can plug in your guitar or bass directly into the instrument-level input. Stereo line inputs can be switched to RIAA phono level for digitizing your vinyl collection from your favorite turntable. The USB 2.0 connection guarantees playback without hiccups on your Mac or Windows computer, and the compact aluminum construction withstands the hazards of the road, studio or dorm room.
Click here for a larger image.
Click here for more information about Tascam US-100 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
0 comments:
Post a Comment