Monday, April 23, 2012

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface Featuring Two Focusrite Pre-Amplifiers, Saffire 6 USB Review

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface Featuring Two Focusrite Pre-Amplifiers, Saffire 6 USB
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
First, let me say that before purchasing this box I looked at and considered MANY other brands and models. M-Audio, Lexicon, Presonus, Tascam, E-Mu, DigiDesign, etc. My main criteria was that I wanted a box that was dependable, easy to setup and use, has two XLR / instrument inputs as well as a midi in and out jack. It's amazing how many of these boxes have no midi inputs but we all have different needs.
The professional studio, of which I'm a partner in, owns several pieces of Focusrite RED equipment. The RED line is fairly expensive, completely hand-built and kicks serious butt. So when I saw the Focusrite name it brought my immediate interest. No, it's not hand built but it's also not expensive. A respected brand earns that reputation and seeks to maintain or excel in their market position.
Before attempting to load the software from the enclosed disc, visit the Focusrite site and download their newest Saffire 6 USB software. In fact I wouldn't bother opening the software disc that comes in the box. The first time I installed it was on an older Mac G5Power PC running Leopard 10.5.8. When I turned it on everything was momentarily fine. Then, everything that was plugged into the box came out distorted and down about 3 semitones. I then tried installing it in a newer Intel iMac, again with 10.5.8. The results were crystal clear sound. I then tried installing it on a third iMac very similar to the 2nd one I mentioned. Again beautiful, quiet, clear sound burst forth. I'm still trying to find out what happened with the first install but at this time I choose to view the problem as an older computer, not the Saffire box.
I'll update my post as I attempt to suss out the problem with the older Mac.
UPDATE I believe the older Mac / software was the issue. This box has been running fine on my newer iMac's. Terrific piece of equipment.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface Featuring Two Focusrite Pre-Amplifiers, Saffire 6 USB

Focusrite has, over the past two decades, built a reputation as the market leader for high quality recording equipment, with its mic-pre technology as the cornerstone of that enviable reputation. Now Focusrite is proud to present the new Saffire 6 USB, an innovative new product which brings the Focusrite interface to a new level of affordability without compromising on quality.The Saffire 6 USB makes Focusrite's renowned sound quality and performance available to more people than ever before. The design takes two ofFocusrite's legendary mic pres and creates a 2 in/ 4 out interface with simplicity and reliability as the central component.Ideal for laptop DJs, the Saffire 6 USB has four outputs which allow you to route two stereo pairs to different sides of a DJ mixer. The switchable headphone output enables you to cue up tracks, and the mic/line inputs allow you to add external instruments or a microphone to the performance.The Saffire 6 features simple three-dial monitoring: one for the main out, one for your cans, and one to mix in other inputs. This is the perfect USB for tracking, with 2 mic-pres with phantom power, pad and instrument switches. The Saffire 6 has monitor outputs on 1/4 inch jacks or RCA phono jacks, as well as a switchable headphone output.The mixer section blends between your input and the signal playing back from your computer. The Saffire range of DAW interface solutions delivers the Focusrite sound into your DAW via Firewire, USB or ADAT. At the heart of these solutions are class-leading digital conversion and 25 years of excellent mic-pre design. Combined, they ensure you capture every subtle nuance of your sound. Focusrite - because your sound quality is everything.

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface Featuring Two Focusrite Pre-Amplifiers, Saffire 6 USB

0 comments:

Post a Comment